top of page
  • SSMMA

Funding opportunity through the IL EPA’s Nonpoint Source Pollution Control Financial Assistanc


The Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (Illinois EPA) is seeking proposals for nonpoint source (NPS) pollution control projects (projects). The Illinois EPA receives federal funds through Section 319(h) of the Clean Water Act (33 U.S.C 1329) to help implement Illinois’ Nonpoint Source Management Program (Illinois  EPA, 2013). The requirements of the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s (U.S. EPA) Nonpoint Source Program and Grants Guidelines for States and Territories apply to all recipients of grants made with funds appropriated by Congress under Section 319 of the Clean Water Act. Click here for the full announcement.

Illinois EPA’s Section 319(h) Nonpoint Source Pollution Control Financial Assistance Program (a.k.a. Section 319(h) Grant Program) is designed to provide grant funds for projects that prevent, eliminate, or reduce water quality impairments caused by nonpoint source pollution.

NPS pollution is caused by rainfall or snowmelt moving over and through the ground. As the runoff moves, it picks up and carries away natural and human-made pollutants, finally depositing them into lakes, rivers, wetlands and even our underground sources of drinking water. It has been determined that over 60% of the (national) documented water pollution problem can be traced to nonpoint sources. NPS pollution control project types include:

 Implementation of an approved Watershed-based plan;  Development of a watershed-based plan;  Development of a Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) implementation plan;  Best Management Practice (BMP) Implementation;  Information and Outreach;  Technical Assistance; and  Monitoring.

This is a reimbursement program. Grant recipients must perform the work, pay project costs, and submit an invoice with supporting documentation before Illinois EPA will reimburse grant recipients for any approved costs. Illinois EPA will only make reimbursements to the grant recipient and will reimburse the grant recipient no more frequently than monthly.  The maximum funding award is 60 percent of the total project cost. The remaining 40 percent is the responsibility of the grant recipient and constitutes the local match.

Applicants may not apply for a grant until the applicant has pre-qualified through the Grant Accountability and Transparency Act (GATA) Grantee Portal, www.grants.illinois.gov. During pre-qualification, Dun and Bradstreet verifications are performed including a check of Debarred and Suspended status and good standing with the Secretary of State. The pre-qualification process also includes a financial and administrative risk assessment utilizing an Internal Controls Questionnaire.

The electronic copy of the application must be complete and be received at Illinois EPA’s Springfield office by 5:00 p.m. (CST) on August 1st to be considered for funding. Read more here.

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

RFP - Ford Heights Green Streets Project

THE VILLAGE OF FORD HEIGHTS, ILLINOIS, is soliciting bids from responsible and established bidders known to be experienced and regularly engaged in the construction of stormwater drainage facilities a

Comentários


bottom of page