Feb 26: Illinois Tollway Technical Assistance Program offers Equipping Businesses for Success Worksh
The Illinois Tollway Technical Assistance Program, in partnership with the Construction Business Development Center (CBDC) GMA Construction Group (GMA) and Illinois Black Chamber of Commerce (ILBCC), will offer an Equipping Businesses for Success Workshop in the Rockford area in February.
This free event will provide an opportunity for emerging and established construction firms, including small, minority and veteran-owned businesses, to learn how to participate on highway and vertical construction contracts, including the Illinois Tollway.
The event will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Tuesday, February 26, at the Illinois Tollway Rockford Maintenance Facility, 7910 E. State Street. Businesses interested in participating are encouraged to register by Monday, February 25, as seating is limited. Online registration is available at https://iltollway.diversitysoftware.com/.
The workshop will be led by Rockford-area Technical Assistance providers CBDC, GMA and ILBCC. Topics include:
· Certification – Learn the certification process and how it may help your business
· Bonding/insurance – Understand bonding and insurance general requirements
· Small Business Set-Aside contracts – Discover available opportunities
· Pricing – Learn key elements of how to effectively price your project
· Bidding – Identify fundamental preparation and components of a strong bid